Re: Mods n' things

Subject: Re: Mods n' things
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 06:37:37
>>As building has ceased to be a particular interest of mine I now find I look

more for mail about actual flying experiences<<

I think you're right, we should start to talk more about the flying side to keep
this place interesting. Two bits worth for starters {{:-))

I don't believe the mono wheel creates any particular difficulties. In fact a
ground loop is perhaps less likely with one than two.
Seems to me the main difficulty is the transition from tailwheel steering, which
is done with almost no rudder deflection, to rudder steering when the tailwheel
comes off. Makes crosswinds tricky, but by no means impossible.  I'm beginning
to think that a normal castoring tailwheel might solve that problem.
Only other difficulty is the bounce; caused by allowing the airplane to touch
before stalling. Bounces also happen during take off, but so long as one doesn't
let the stick go forward, there's a lot of stick force if the trim is wrong,
nothing untoward will occur.
Graham