Re: Europa-List: NACA duct and overhear vents

Subject: Re: Europa-List: NACA duct and overhear vents
From: ofamerica.com YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:19:20
Rick,
The best and easiest for South Florida in the summer is the ultimate
ventilator, sold through aircraft spruce.
      ULTIMATE VENTILATOR 05-04090 $95.75
<http://www.aircraftspruce.com/neworderform.php?cmd=add&p=05-04090&q=
1>

Dumb simple to install with a little redux.  you can polish the metal to
a shine or paint, or leave it alone.

Gary Stowt put his in the glass about 2 inches above the lower edge of
the side of the windscreen, I put mine in the fiberglass below the
windscreen (didn't want to screw with the glass), about midway between
the panel and the canopy bow.

I just flew an hour and a half at 95F, in the sun in fingertip formation
during a photo shoot in Baker's motorglider, and I had no problems with
airflow.  Rain does come in though in-flight if it is heavy rain.

Otherwise the Europa provided vents are marginal at best.

Please provide some kind of exit air for your cockpit, because if you
build it tight, the air can't get in.  I had to put extensions on the D
panel to get air out of the cockpit.  Some use vents from building
supply stores, others have large holes in their cockpit modules that
naturally vent the cockpit.

Bud Yerly