Re: Europa-List: NACA duct and overhear vents

Subject: Re: Europa-List: NACA duct and overhear vents
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:40:42

On Jun 28, 2009, at 6:38 PM, jimpuglise@comcast.net wrote:

>  We ran 2 inch SCAT tubing forward and used 3/4 X 4 blue foam as a
> mold to make a 3 sided piece of tubing about 4 feet long that mates
> to the SCAT tubing just aft of the "D" brace and runs along the
> ceiling to the back of the overhead in the cockpit.

Jim,

What I'm not getting is how your 3/4 x 4 duct gets past the "top hat
stiffeners" between the door openings shown on Fig. 1 on p. 23-1 of
the build manual. Simply penetrating the stiffeners doesn't seem right
as their purpose appears to be to provide structural continuity.

Fred

--
believed to be clean.