RE: Europa-List: NACA duct and overhear vents

Subject: RE: Europa-List: NACA duct and overhear vents
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:23:53
Don=92t bother with a NACA duct it won=92t work. That area of the
aircraft
is in a low pressure area. Others have tried and failed. What does work
is an outward opening flap. When wide open is provides ample cooling
---From prop wash. When airborne only about =BC - =BD inch opening is
required.
This creates negligible drag and sufficient flow. It is important to
reinforce the area of cut-out as this part of the aircraft is strength
critical. I wrote up a modification for this which has been used on at
least two Europas.

Nigel Charles