Europa-List: Re: the Obsidian Files - So Much Noise!!!

Subject: Europa-List: Re: the Obsidian Files - So Much Noise!!!
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 03:48:27

Hi Area-51,  I follow your posts with much interest - not least because you have
a handle on the engineering physics as evidenced by your simulation images.

I was going to say that whilst adding mass coating is one route to improvement
(Bergers Law 1911), isn't a set of noise-cancelling headphones a more optimum
or at least, initial, route to achieve the same thing - and at less weight
gain?.

Not a criticism, just interested to know why the additional mass route.  It will
work if you add enough mass, but the carb rubber wear/unknown fire risk increase
and general weight penalty does seem a bit onerous.

That said, the tinkering/problem-solving with these things is almost as much fun
as the flying, of course !

Read this topic online here: