Europa-List: Re: the Obsidian Files - So Much Noise!!!

Subject: Europa-List: Re: the Obsidian Files - So Much Noise!!!
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 10:34:10

Cool story. I guess that to me this stuff seems heavy. I did have a 1964 Mooney
that I removed the sound deadening material from the thin fwd fuselage aluminum
skin. It was so lout that it would overpower the ANR headset I had back then
and make it squeal during take off until power and prop RPM was brought back
a little.

I got the plenum out and will be doing the covering it today. The firewall I
will
do after I take the engine out to facilitate painting. Still don't know what
to do there. I may use the "heavy" stuff I have for the metal firewall section
(mono) since I heard that part could be a big contributor to noise going into
the cabin. But may consider doing a blanket for the composite if I get some
positive feedback from the group.

Chris

Read this topic online here: