Europa-List: Re: the Obsidian Files - So Much Noise!!!

Subject: Europa-List: Re: the Obsidian Files - So Much Noise!!!
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 11:29:52

I used the Noico material since I already had it (purchased a while back but
never
used due to the weight). and is installed. Unfortunately we have a few days
of bad weather and wind coming so may not be able to test but will try just
before sunset today if the wind dies down a little.

Regarding the material to use on the firewall, flammability of the material
needs
to be considered. I did a vertical flame test on the material I used in the
airbox and the flame did not propagate. After the starting flame is removed it
will burn for a short time but not support it (quits). I don't think it is any
worse than the resin the airbox is made of but not 100% sure of course. And
even wonder if it was the adhesive that was burning. But if there is a fuel or
oil fire in the engine compartment this stuff will certainly not help. And the
fumes may be another problem. So I would not consider this material unless
more info on this becomes available.

I will do a more aggressive test later this weekend using a torch. Want to make
sure the material will not support s flame a I saw earlier today.

Here are some pictures of the install. Looking forward to testing :)

Best,
Chris

Read this topic online here: