Europa-List: Re: Stalls & spins - any test pilot pireps out there?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Stalls & spins - any test pilot pireps out there?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 07:51:40

Hi Bud Thank you for great information on Stalls and Spins! I paid careful
attention
to making sure the pivot for aileron was precisely aligned on fuse and wings.
No slop. No change in free play.

That said if I pick up on the tip of each wing by about 300 lbs using my pump
jacks,
the wing deflects upward as expected and the ailerons droop some (wash in).

Did you ever fly with 1/8" reflex which would probably become no reflex when
pulling
2 Gs in an accelerated stall compared to no reflex at 1g which will probably
become 1/8" wash in when pulling 2 Gs and seeing if the spin behavior is
more benign?

I'm pretty certain Don Dykens incorporated just the right amount to keep the
tips
flying when stalling. Did he count on wash in occurring when pulling Gs? No
question that ailerons set even work, but for a newbie Europa Flyier  flying
an unproven aircraft, does 1/8" reflex taint things in favor of a more docile
spinner? I have an XS, not Classic. Thx. Ron P.

Read this topic online here: