Re: Europa-List: Re: Stalls & spins - any test pilot pireps out there?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Stalls & spins - any test pilot pireps out there?
From: fklein@orcasonline.com <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 09:02:20

> On Jan 22, 2022, at 3:15 AM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> On my biennial renewal flight I was deliberately stalled in a mono
gear up steep turn (possibly 60 degrees). The plane went very abruptly
into a nose down rapidly rotating spin. No problem correcting with
standard recovery. A friend did something similar in his trigear and
found himself abruptly in an inverted spin. He let go of everything
whilst trying to think what to do and the spin corrected itself. The
moral for me is think carefully before trying these moves and certainly
give yourself lots of height. Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

Davidyour cautionary note is much appreciatedFred