Re: Europa-List: Re: Stalls & spins - any test pilot pireps out there?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Stalls & spins - any test pilot pireps out there?
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 11:15:14
On my biennial renewal flight I was deliberately stalled in a mono gear
up steep turn (possibly 60 degrees). The plane went very abruptly into a
nose down rapidly rotating spin. No problem correcting with standard
recovery. A friend did something similar in his trigear and found
himself abruptly in an inverted spin. He let go of everything whilst
trying to think what to do and the spin corrected itself. The moral for
me is think carefully before trying these moves and certainly give
yourself lots of height. Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ