Re: Europa-List: Re: Stalls & spins - any test pilot pireps out there?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Stalls & spins - any test pilot pireps out there?
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:45:53

Hi Peter,

Many thx for the info!  At approx what speed and G did it break with mono flaps
down? In a level pull-up, or bank? Sounds like a challenge to not overspeed the
flaps.   That is definitely something Id like to try.

Sooo much to learn :)

Cheers and thx again!
PeteZ

Ps- it will likely be a couple months before I get to testing, as im waiting to
get some refresher and advanced training first in a local acro grob g-115.  And
why i was interested in hearing of any pireps to get some europa context. I
am hoping Bud will also chime in when hes recovered.

> On Jan 21, 2022, at 6:50 PM, Peter pender <ppen@live.com.au> wrote:
>

> Hi Pete,
>
> Will have a go at crossed control stalls one day and report back, but as an
> aside
I was quite surprised at the difference in accelerated stalls gear up and
down(mono).  In mine anyway if others are similar I can see why some have come
to grief turning onto final.