Re: Europa-List: Smell of petrol in the cocpit just after takeoff

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Smell of petrol in the cocpit just after takeoff
From: Timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 21:57:30

Brian,
My fuel smell came from the Redux join between the cobra and the fuel inlet cap.
After searching the possible engine fuel leaks including the one you have in the
plenum chamber, I finally tracked it down to the fuel inlet seal with the cobra.
Effectively the fuel was venting out the join, particularly noticeable on take
off, as well as the normal fuel vent.
Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ward