RE: Europa-List: Smell of petrol in the cocpit just after takeoff

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Smell of petrol in the cocpit just after takeoff
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 19:22:39

Hi John,

I have had almost  the same problem on my aircraft (Trigear 912ULS).  My
fuel smell seems at its worst soon after take off and at initial  throttIe-
back at about 1000 ft. I  thought I had narrowed it down to one of the carbs
flooding after take off and changed the float needles to the latest type and
the problem seemed to go away.  Rotax have tried three different spring
strengths for the float needles so there must be a problem they were trying
to fix.  The problem came back a few weeks ago so I am also interested in
other reports of this problem.

Regards

Brian Davies.