RE: Europa-List: Smell of petrol in the cocpit just after takeoff

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Smell of petrol in the cocpit just after takeoff
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 22:26:23
Further to Justin's information below ,  I have never had fuel smells (other
than the usual porous filler suspicions!)but have a different arrangement
for venting in that my vent goes up to the ceiling from the starboard side
of the tank to a collection bottle aligned to aim down back to the tank
filler ( so that it will drain back to tank) but with an overflow connection
---From the back end of the bottle across the ceiling and down the port side to
exit at the port flap hinge slot in the floor. To my knowledge there has
never been any fuel lost out the vent or even when overfilling the main
tank.

Regards to all.

Bob Harrison. G-PTAG