Re: Europa-List: Re: Wing missing mass balance reassess

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Wing missing mass balance reassess
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 16:26:49

Tony, The XS is a superior plane but not by a lot and the
Classic still outperforms most other small aircraft. There
are a number of modifications that are applicable to the
Classic which give it most of the advantages of the XS.
Principle amongst these are a strengthening bar between
the rear lift pins to allow the Max All Up Wt to be
increased to that of the XS (ie from memory to 1370lbs), A
new design of baggage bay to give much more room for
luggage and moving the rear wheel back from its original
Classic position under the rear fuselage to sit on a tail
spring extension a foot or so behind the back of the fus,
with this significantly improving ground handling. If all
these are incorporated then one could say more or le3ss
honestly that it had been uprated to XS spec. If not
already incorporated then it is a smart move to plan to do
so.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ