Europa-List: Re: Wing missing mass balance reassess

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Wing missing mass balance reassess
From: tonyvaccarella <tony@weimagine.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 06:59:11

Hello again,

Well I think I have finally worked out what's happened. I only took possession
of this aircraft 2 weeks ago and been busy reviewing what I have and what is
missing.

The aircraft was sold to me as an XS and came from the USA s/n A011 but on
closer
inspection of the wings seemed to show that they are foam core. So I think
I was sold a Europa Classic. It is for this reason that the mass-balance
reassesses
are missing at that they are not cut out. In reviewing the Builders Manual
for the Classic Wing, the mass balance boxes are not provided and need to be
build. Also the reassess  is constructed AFTER the wing is closed.

I feel releaved in one way but annoyed in another that I was sold a Classic when
I was assured it was an XS.

Has anyone heard of this happening before - should I be concerned with the
Classic
as compared to the XS?

Thanks once again..

Tony