SV: Europa-List: Re: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod

Subject: SV: Europa-List: Re: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod
From: Arnold Kr. Hansen <arnok@online.no>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 18:53:59
Hi Group,

I can confirm that my non-fluorinated tank swelled and cracked. Removing
the
tank, I learned to my surprise that the HDPE material had become very
brittle. That was not the case when I installed the fuel level sensor.
Before buying a new fluorinated tank from Europa, I searched the net for
information about HDPE tanks used in cars. What I found was that these
tanks
were fluorinated and in addition given a final inside layer of nylon to
become 100% tight. I decided therefore not to buy a new tank from
Europa,
but instead build an aluminium tank.

Best regards

Arnold Kr. Hansen