Re: Europa-List: Re: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 08:43:47

On Mar 27, 2014, at 3:38 AM, Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info> wrote:

> given that the original Europa supplied tanks were known to have been
made of the 'wrong material' are Europa continuing to make tanks from
the same 'wrong material' or are the newly supplied tanks made of
something different.  It may be that Europa are still working their way
through a large original batch.

> Anyone know?

I certainly do not =93know=94, but it has been my understanding that at
some point Europa changed from the original lo-density material to a
hi-density material=85can anyone can confirm that?

Apropos to this thread, it would seem to be of value if we could track
the kit numbers and the accumulated flight times of those tanks which
have failed, as well as any other aspects of the failures which may seem
pertinent such as ambient temperatures, long-term storage while empty,
etc.

Fred