Re: SV: Europa-List: Re: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: Re: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:34:03
If you go to Sun & Fun ask Ivan. There won't be any of the originals now, I
'm pretty sure.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A
From: Arnold Kr. Hansen <arno-k@online.no>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com
=0ASent: Thursday, 27 March 2014, 17:53=0ASubject: SV: Europa-List: Re: XS
Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod=0A =0A=0A=0A =0AHi Group,=0A=C2-=0AI can confirm that
my=0Anon-fluorinated tank swelled and cracked. Removing the tank, I learned
 to my=0Asurprise that the HDPE material had become very brittle. That was
not the case=0Awhen I installed the fuel level sensor. Before buying a new
fluorinated tank=0Afrom Europa, I searched the net for information about HD
PE tanks used in cars. What=0AI found was that these tanks were fluorinated
 and in addition given a final=0Ainside layer of nylon to become 100% tight
. I decided therefore not to buy a=0Anew tank from Europa, but instead buil
d an aluminium tank.=0A=C2-=0ABest regards=0AArnold Kr. Hansen=0AEuropa X
S LN ABM=0A=C2-=0A=0A________________________________=0A =0AFra:owner-eur
opa-list-server@matronics.com=0A[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.
com] P=C3=A5 vegne av Peter Zutrauen=0ASendt: 27. mars 2014 17:09=0ATil: eu
ropa-list=0AEmne: Re: Europa-List: Re: XS Fuel=0ATank Kiwi Mod=0A=C2-=0A.
..and whether they have=0Abeen post-florinated/treated beyond the factory's
 treatment=C2- :-)=0AI thought the only change the factory made was to st
art florinating in=0Athe late 90's.=C2- I can only imagine that the origi
nal non-florinated tanks=0Amust have swollen up like balloons.=0A=0Acheers,
=0APete=0AA239=0A=C2-=0AOn Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Fred Klein <fkl
ein@orcasonline.com>=0Awrote:=0A=C2-=0AOn Mar 27, 2014, at 3:38 AM, Pete
Lawless <pete@lawless.info>=0Awrote:=0A=0A=0Agiven that the original Europa
 supplied tanks were=0Aknown to have been made of the 'wrong material' are
Europa continuing to make=0Atanks from the same 'wrong material' or are the
 newly supplied tanks made of=0Asomething different.=C2- It may be that E
uropa are still working their way=0Athrough a large original batch.=0A=0AAn
yone know?=0A=C2-=0AI certainly do not =9Cknow=9D, but it has
 been my understanding=0Athat at some point Europa changed from the origina
l lo-density material to a=0Ahi-density materialcan anyone can con
firm that?=0A=C2-=0AApropos to this thread, it would seem to be of value
if we could track=0Athe kit numbers and the accumulated flight times of tho
se tanks which have=0Afailed, as well as any other aspects of the failures
which may seem pertinent=0Asuch as ambient temperatures, long-term storage
while empty, etc.=0A=C2-=0AFred=0A=C2-=0A=C2-=0A=C2-=0A=C2-=0Aarg
et="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List=0Atp://forums.
matronics.com=0A_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution=0A=C2-=0A
=C2-=0A=C2-=0A=C2-=0Ahttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com=0Ahttp://www.matronics.com/contribution=0A