Re: Europa-List: Re: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: XS Fuel Tank Kiwi Mod
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 19:31:25

FWIW, if the bottom is securely held by the cradle, then the top
should not need a separate support. There is only a couple of gallons
of fuel there anywhere. In fact supporting the top could put weight on
the top shelf and lead to stress at the shelf joint, especially if the
cradle tips forward due to weight.

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:06 PM, spcialeffects <spcialeffects@aol.com> wrote:

> Once the cradle gets bonded in the top "shelf" of the tank is supported by the
other lay up 'T' piece which is on the seat back.

> asarangan@gmail.com wrote:
>> Your cradle idea is a good one. I am doing something similar right now.
>> One thing I noticed with your setup is that the tank could potentially
>> pivot and tip forward under weight. The cradle may need an additional
>> support at the forward end.
>> In my case, I am bonding the cradle to both bulkheads (seat back and
>> baggage bay), creating a sturdy raised floor for the tank to rest on.
>> Like yours, I also have lateral and fore-aft support to hold the tank
>> in place. I don't have pictures yet, but will have some soon.
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 5:07 AM, spcialeffects  wrote:
>>

>> >  I copied this idea from someone else, think i saw it on the europa org
>> > site
so all credit to them.