RE: Europa-List: Flap Closeout Closeout

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap Closeout Closeout
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 11:20:22

Fred,
Neat and helpful. Assuming all cups are not created equal, where'd you get
the cup from? :)

Tony,
I used expanding foam on my temporary seat modification Jig, that created a
shape for the carbon-fiber plies to form on. It was of the type that needs
two parts mixed together, and would expand like crazy once mixed. Unlike
---From the can, the mix is fairly homogeneous as far as not leaving air voids.
I did notice that some of the cured 'bubbles' were larger in some areas than
others though. There is a lot of power there. As long as the exit hole is
properly sized to let out the pressure during the expanding process, it
seemed to do pretty well in fitting the (closed) form that I created for it
to expand to. It's probably a good idea to let it sit for a few days to be
sure the chemical reaction is halted.

Greg