RE: Europa-List: Flap Closeout Closeout

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap Closeout Closeout
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:15:59

Hi! All,
I just noticed some chat about the Europa Flap Drive slot needing covering
and Flaps Inboard close outs . But I missed the initial reason for the
commencement of the thread. My contribution is to suggest a visit to Bob
Harrison's Europa G-PTAG at:-
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~jcliff/BobH/BobH.htm   (with much thanks to
John Cliff of Waitrose for allowing it to remain in place) where my scheme
can be seen .
It is however a somewhat sobering thought that it was mostly taken from the
Jabiru 3300 power pack days!!
I recall that the use of blue foam was employed and the tapered holes for
receiving the flap drive shaft during one man rigging was moulded round the
"nylon purple rail chair under bolt head tapered packers" off a railway
track !!!!  ( No it wasn't me that made the train crash either !) but
apologies for the "Floor brush for the seeping of" description!

Regards
To all Bob Harrison G-PTAG