Re: Europa-List: fuel tank selectors?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel tank selectors?
From: Sky Mail <richard.churchillcoleman@sky.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 16:02:23

Hi Rowland - in your installation using metal fuel pipes instead of rubber
hoses,
where are your fuel filters - aren't they installed between the tank and the
fuel selector when you use rubber hoses or have I misunderstood the build
manual?

Richard CC

Sent from my iPad

> On 4 Dec 2013, at 15:21, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 4 Dec 2013, at 13:21, gtagr wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have any advice/experience of using the Andair range of selectors
fitted to the upper horizontal surface of the tunnel - just aft of the
instrument
panel?  Not sure in particular if at that height (about 350mm higher than
the tank outlets) it may cause problems - and if to overcome that, if anyone
has used a remote selector connected by a shaft to the valve sited closer to
the fuselage floor?

> Clive - I installed my Andair selector before I bonded in the cockpit module
(which is probably a lot easier than doing it as an upgrade to an existing
installation).

> You can see some of the pictures of my installation at;
>
> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/fuel_valve_trial.php
>
> and
>
> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/fuel_pipes.php
>
> and other pictures nearby in the sequence.
>
> I haven't yet had official approval of this specific arrangement, but I
> believe
it is quite similar to what some others have done.