Re: Europa-List: fuel tank selectors?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel tank selectors?
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 15:21:49

On 4 Dec 2013, at 13:21, gtagr wrote:

> Does anyone have any advice/experience of using the Andair range of selectors
fitted to the upper horizontal surface of the tunnel - just aft of the
instrument
panel?  Not sure in particular if at that height (about 350mm higher than
the tank outlets) it may cause problems - and if to overcome that, if anyone
has used a remote selector connected by a shaft to the valve sited closer to the
fuselage floor?

Clive - I installed my Andair selector before I bonded in the cockpit module
(which
is probably a lot easier than doing it as an upgrade to an existing
installation).

You can see some of the pictures of my installation at;

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/fuel_valve_trial.php

and

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/fuel_pipes.php

and other pictures nearby in the sequence.

I haven't yet had official approval of this specific arrangement, but I believe
it is quite similar to what some others have done.

in friendship

Rowland