Re: Europa-List: sight gauge alternative

Subject: Re: Europa-List: sight gauge alternative
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:40:05
Rowland=0Aisn't my vent system effectively the same as the factory setup? T
here will still be a +ve pressure on the tank.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_____
___________________________=0A From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.co
m>=0ATo: Europa e-mail list list <europa-list@matronics.com> =0ASent: Thurs
day, 28 November 2013, 11:50=0ASubject: Europa-List: sight gauge alternativ
e=0A =0A=0AI was originally going to use Tony K's conditioning and display
circuit. Tim Houlihan had planned to do the same, but we couldn't get the v
arious bits to behave sensibly (RS-232 & Windows issues, as I remember). Ti
m switched allegiance to the MGL display device and got another friend to d
esign a conditioning amplifier to interface the the RS sensor to it.=0A=0AI
've now adopted the same approach and attached are some PDFs and a JPEG tha
t show what I did (op-amp circuit, stripboard layout, MGL wiring, sensor &
amplifier in box). As it's not installed yet, I can't offer proof of functi
on but I know Tim's works fine. The only potential problem is ram air press
ure on the forward-facing tank vents causing change of reading with airspee
d. I intend to avoid that by using Graham Singleton's vent arrangement.=0A
=0Ain friendship=0A=0ARowland=0A=0A| Rowland Carson- - - - - ...
that's Rowland with a 'w' ...=0A| <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>- - - -
- - http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk=0A| Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson
- - - Facebook: Rowland Carson=0A| pictures: http://picasaweb.google.
com/rowlandcarson