Europa-List: sight gauge alternative

Subject: Europa-List: sight gauge alternative
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 11:50:46
I was originally going to use Tony K's conditioning and display circuit.
Tim Houlihan had planned to do the same, but we couldn't get the various
bits to behave sensibly (RS-232 & Windows issues, as I remember). Tim
switched allegiance to the MGL display device and got another friend to
design a conditioning amplifier to interface the the RS sensor to it.

I've now adopted the same approach and attached are some PDFs and a JPEG
that show what I did (op-amp circuit, stripboard layout, MGL wiring,
sensor & amplifier in box). As it's not installed yet, I can't offer
proof of function but I know Tim's works fine. The only potential
problem is ram air pressure on the forward-facing tank vents causing
change of reading with airspeed. I intend to avoid that by using Graham
Singleton's vent arrangement.

in friendship

Rowland