Re: Europa-List: sight gauge alternative

Subject: Re: Europa-List: sight gauge alternative
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:25:28

Peter
By proper differential pressure I assume you meant on one side there
will be the fluid pressure, and on the other side there will be tank
air pressure. I gathered from Paul's email that he did exactly this by
running the tank vent line to the sensor, but still sees a lag during
climbs and descents. This is most likely due to the large tank volume
and the small diameter of the vent tube. So it would matter exactly
where the vent line is teed off to go to the sensor. Closer to the
tank is better. In any case, this delay is likely to be
inconsequential because most of the spam cans I fly are only required
to have a reliable level indicator when the tank is really empty.