Re: Europa-List: sight gauge alternative

Subject: Re: Europa-List: sight gauge alternative
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:52:31
Wonder what the difference between cabin pressure and fuel vent pressure is
? =0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Jan de
Jong <jan_de_jong@casema.nl>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Thurs
day, 28 November 2013, 20:20=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: sight gauge altern
ative=0A =0A=0A=0AWhat you hope to measure is the difference in hydrostatic
 pressure caused by the "column" of fluid in the tank and the same "column"
 of air outside the tank.=0AAlmost any connection from sensor to the top of
 the tank with=0A    not-moving air in it will do, just like with pitot, st
atic and stall=0A    warner lines. Non-moving means no friction pressure dr
op.=0AJan=0A=0A=0AOn 11/28/2013 8:25 PM, GRAHAM SINGLETON wrote:=0A=0A=0A>I
 don't believe the shape and size of the vent has any=0A          influence
 - the air in the vent line(s) hardly moves.=0A>=0A>Regards,=0A>Jan de Jong
=0A>=0A>=0A>But it does have a pressure. That's what we are measuring=0A>
=0A>Graham=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>________________________________=0A> From: Ja
n de Jong <jan_de_jong@casema.nl>=0A>To: europa-list@matronics.com =0A>Sent
: Thursday, 28 November 2013, 18:57=0A>Subject: Re: Europa-List: sight gaug
an_de_jong@casema.nl>=0A>=0A>I don't know whether it was mentioned but the
aircraft=0A              attitude will always have an influence on the fuel
 level=0A              reading.=0A>The less one succeeds in mounting the se
nsor right below=0A              the center of the tank the larger the infl
uence.=0A>One could measure pitch and do calibrations at several=0A
      values and interpolate.=0A>I think that goes too far.=0A>I don't beli
eve the shape and size of the vent has any=0A              influence - the
air in the vent line(s) hardly moves.=0A>=0A>-=- - - - - (And G
et Some AWESOME FREE Gifts!)=0A http://www.matronics.com/contrsp;=0A
         - - - - - - -Matt Dralle, List Admin.=0A>> http://foru
ms.matronics===================0A>=0A>