Europa-List: Re: Sealing the water and oil coolers in a Classic

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Sealing the water and oil coolers in a Classic
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:24:06

Thanks Raimo for your elaborate reply to my question and the pictures you sent
along. Apologies for not having used the search-function.

Finding out about the oil-water exchanger along with your findings made me think
that using an oil-water exchanger might be the best way to resolve my oil temp
issue.

Considering coolant and CHT temps always are 90-100 Celcius (regardless of OAT),
this approach might bring all temps to the low end of the curve, but I guess
if that happens the temps can easily pushed up into the green zone easily by
blanking of part of the water rads or by installing a thermostat in the water
circuit...

--------
Marcel
(Europa Classic Tri-Gear PH-MZW)