Re: Europa-List: Tank Leak Found

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tank Leak Found
From: K BURNS <kjburns@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:00:45

Purging petrol fumes, I was told by a welder of petrol tanks that he ran a car
exhaust in to the tank to purge it of petrol fumes and also air !
The alternative solution would be purge with an inert gas, IE nitrogen,this is
done when working on natural gas pipelines.
 Make sure any pockets that could hold inflammable mix is purged,personally I
would
check the completeness of the purge with a gas detector .. also check adjacent
areas for fuel puddles & Fumes

Kevin