RE: Europa-List: Tank Leak Found

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tank Leak Found
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:51:47
I too, have good things about pro-seal being used (non-poly situations). It
certainly seems the safer way to go.

The other route, I would personally run air through the tank, bottom to top,
for a minimum of 2 weeks, while the gas and fumes are excised out of the
plastic.

With the fuel issues, time involved, and cutting an access hole, maybe this
method is a bit demanding.

Greg

 _____________________________
1. I used the messy pro seal to seal my sender unit in the top of the tank a
few years back and it works well. I'm concerned about not being able to
compress a patch around it or over it though. Maybe once it sets up thats
not necessary. ???
2. The video on the Tap plastics Polyweld Greg sent sounds like a better way
to go as a permanent patch. This one though may require me to cut an
additional hole behind the access hole and then repair that later. BUT...
how do I make sure all the fumes are out of the tank after draining it so I
don't blow myself up :o( trying to flame treat the to be repaired area on
the tank. Maybe continuing to pump air into the tank and allow the fumes to
eventually evaporate thru the filler cap. Any other Ideas to help me avoid
burning off any facial hairs are welcome.

Best regards and thanks to all!!

Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 191 hours and down for repairs.