RE: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Leak

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Leak
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:29:59

Hi Jeff,
Sorry to hear of your tank problems.

Tap plastics has a glue called 'TAP Poly-Weld Adhesive'
Unfortunately, it requires an open flame to use it. See their usage video,
link included below. Any use on a gas tank would have to be EXTREMELY well
thought out, and that is IF you can get a flame to the area to be repaired.

Windows media:

http://www.tapplastics.com/info/video_detail.php?vid=21&format=windowsmedia&;

 Greg Fuchs XS TRI

If it is a spot leak and I can patch it what would be the best patch to
use?
Any thoughts would be appreciated. I don't want to gut her if I don't
have to!!!! ;o((
Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 191 hours and climbing slowly.