Europa-List: Fuel Tank Leak

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Leak
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:12:26
Jeff,
The Tap plastics Polyweld looks like a very permanent solution.  Regardi
ng your inquiry about ensuring no fuel vapors are present when flame tre
ating the tank you may want to consider filling the tank with water, aft
er disconnecting the fuel lines and isolating the tank of course. During
 the construction of N28ET I used water for the calibration of the sight
 gage.  I used 1 gallon milk jugs to fill the tank thus allowing me to t
ick off the sight gage in gallon increments.  When finished I simply dra
ined the tank.  Keep the tank open for a couple of days and any residual
 water will evaporate.  Also, you mentioned that you might have to open
up another hole to allow access for the torch.  Have you considered usin
g one of those small pencil torches.  You don't require significant heat
 for the task and the exposure is only for a couple of seconds.  Good lu
ck and keep us posted.
Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914
OSH bound in a week.

The easiest way to create a blog. Click now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsDHiYPu3woCwJKqeaBFouR
sSdk7aXRt97HoXsUE7ieBOvDDRtYkmM/