Europa-List: Re: Bubbling Paint

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Bubbling Paint
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 08:15:54

In a message dated 7/8/2009 3:02:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
europa-list@matronics.com writes:

Why  should it be a problem ?

Hey Karl,

I agree, I don't think getting rained on periodically ultimately  causes
paint or gel coat bubbling. As you said there are millions of cars and
hundreds of thousands of airplanes that sit in the rain most of their  lives and

don't develop blistering. What I was talking about was  moisture being held
in constant contact with the finish, as it would  by being in contact with a
rain soaked padding over several weeks  and that is indeed what caused the
bubbling I described.

We recommend to our customers a periodic application of a  good quality
Carnuba wax (like Mother's) or Wx Block (available  from wingsandwheels.com)
because it helps the finish shed water and also  provides some UV protection.
Makes your bird all nice and shiny, too.

Regards,

John Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)
N245E - Flying
**************Popular laptop deals plus free shipping!
plex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D2)