RE: Europa-List: Re: Bubbling Paint

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Bubbling Paint
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:15:01

John etc.=2C

I understood your point with the wing sling and trapped moisture.

I always wanted to use a polish for extra protection=2C but I am afraid tha
t it would be very difficult to do any future touchups. My experience with
furniture lacquers is=2C that it is very difficult to re-finish a tabletop
where any polish was used containing wax or silicone=2C even when it is str
ipped down to the bare wood.

Your experience seems to indicate that this is not a problem with glider an
d Europa finishes. Can you confirm that and let us know what you use to pre
pare the surface for re-painting ? I never used carnuba wax. Is it availabl
e in car shops=2C and do I need a powered polisher for application ? Which
polishes are to be avoided ?

Thank you=2C  Karl