Re: Europa-List: How to license/register a Tri-gear trailer?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: How to license/register a Tri-gear trailer?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 22:12:28

Hi Bob,

> Hi! Frans....... Your last sentence is still presuming that you can
> register your trailer in the UK. I say again we have no such system even
> for caravans.

Ok, I get that point. So what kind of license plate do you use on the
trailer? Just the same as the car towing it?

> IMHO just quote the weight unloaded.....but only if you
> get "pulled" ....make them provide the legal work! The wombats in
> Brussels have you jumping through invisible hoops.

I'm not really concerned to receive a ticket once in a while. I'm
worried what will happen if some lunatick hits the trailer from behind,
crushes my Europa, and then his insurance claims that while his client
did some damage, I was not supposed to drive there with the airplane
anyway, and that my "illegal" combination was a contributing (or sole?)
factor in the loss of the airplane.

I'm sure that in such an accident, the rather unusual "car crushes
airplane" claim will receive the full attention of the insurance
company. Given the fact that my claim will be quite high, they will
probably come up with anything they can find to reject or minimize my
claim. The fact that I'm transporting the airplane with an illegal
trailer will probably be well received by the insurance company. :-(

--
Frans Veldman