RE: Europa-List: How to license/register a Tri-gear trailer?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: How to license/register a Tri-gear trailer?
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:45:56

Hi! Frans
To the best of my knowledge the UK does not need trailers licensed. The
first I knew of such bureaucracy was when my Son imported a Canadian
Honda CRV to Sweden and tried to tow a boat trailer !
Their authorities condemned the tow bar on the vehicle and insisted he
apply for a trailer license.
He had to get an approved electrical engineer to certify the electrical
wiring on the vehicle and have a new tow bar fitted costing a bloody
fortune.
Better not shout about your problem over in the UK too loud otherwise
our damned bureaucrats will jump on the band wagon and start making me
jump through impossible hoops with my purpose built trailer.!
Have you established it is enforceable in your country?
This just may be why it is appearing so hard.
I traveled to MT Propellers over the ferry and back along the autobahns
without any problem except for loosing a wheel when no one pulled me!
Regards
Bob Harrison.