Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa - Extra Gas/ Instrument Rating.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa - Extra Gas/ Instrument Rating.
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:50:31
Ira,

Sounds like we ought to get busy and make the 8 gal aux tank for the
tri-gear happen.

My ideas two years ago, (where did the time go?) was an 8 gal Tank from
Summit Racing made from high strength aluminum and fittings lined with a
bladder, using the same siphon gear for the mono extended range tank.  8
gal would put me at my bladder limit though.  It seems we just can't add
enough weight to these aircraft.  Jerry Hope wanted to do a belly tank
(teardrop shape) like we had in the T-33 cargo pod, with new plumbing
that would allow it to feed via a electric fuel pump into the reserve
side, and when refilling the aircraft, there would be a valve from the
reserve side to allow it to fill.  Of course don't leave the valve open
after refuel since it would not feed.

Any type of tank for use in an aircraft has to be idiot proof,
refillable, easy to mount, ruggedly attached, completely safe, full
proof, and include a liability lawyers blessing.

Any ideas?

Bud