Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa - Extra Gas/ Instrument Rating.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa - Extra Gas/ Instrument Rating.
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 03:16:35

I once used the P tube in my glider at 18,000 feet over Scotland. It was
cold!
First problem was finding the offending thingy (they shrink in the cold)
through several layers of clothing and two layers of straps, (seat
harness and parachute harness) Next problem was trying to do it uphill
so I lowered the flaps to get the attitude a bit more favourable. That
helped.
Still it was better than having to descend which took a good half an
hour when I finally did come down.
Incidentally, on a more serious note, at a recent "speed awareness
course" they told us "never crash with a full bladder". A burst bladder
is a very serious injury. Straps can kill too :-(
Graham