Re: Europa-List: Mono or Tri-Gear, what to choose?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono or Tri-Gear, what to choose?
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 09:11:01

Having purchased an XS kit from an individual, who had never started
work, I got a mono.  Before buying, however, I took a ride with John
Hurst, who only had a mono to demonstrate.  After watching an
experienced pilot, like John, handle the mono on concrete, I quickly
made the decision to go Tri-gear.  I've never regretted that decision.

As for handling on rough grass (I'm hangared on a 3k grass strip), there
certainly is a little bounce, however, the secret, I've found, is to
keep the nose high at all times.  Even in fast taxi it makes a huge
difference.  I've got over 500 landings on this surface, with no ill
effects to plane or pilot... :)

Jeff - Baby Blue