Re: Europa-List: Mono or Tri-Gear, what to choose?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono or Tri-Gear, what to choose?
From: zwakie <marcel@zwakie.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:10:09

First, many thanks to the numerous people who provided me with lots of valuable
information to my questions, both here on the forum as well as by sending me
direct emails.

The overall tone of the responses I received, seem to confirm my suspicion about
flying mono-wheels. I was pleasantly surprised about the responses I received
---From a couple of 'mono-wheel-guys' who informed me about the Europa mono not
being the typical taildragger, having some quirks of it's own. In translated
the many advises into: 'be careful trying to tame this animal' and 'don't try
to fly a mono without extensive training from an instructor/pilot that has
extensive
experience on type'.

Economical reasons (insurance/resale) and safety-reasons (higher level of
required
skill to handle a mono-wheel safely in all situations as opposed to a tri-gear)
have lead to a decision: I will focus on a tri-gear from now on.

OK, this question has been answered, many more to answer in the next stage of
compiling
the list of specs...

Again, thanks to you all!

Marcel