Re: Europa-List: Ducatti Rectifier/Regulator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ducatti Rectifier/Regulator
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:49:06

Gilles,

With all respect to your students work, it's always a good idea to check if the
numbers add up. From the top of my head, with  (low quality) thyristor junction
loss of 0.6 V at 20 A makes for 12 watts to dissipate, not 80 as "actually
measured". Add 10 watts for the rest of the components and we are still far from
the "actual measured" figure. Common sense also tells me that 80 watts
dissipation
would make this item scalding hot in minutes.  20 W also is more in line
with the Rotax idea of ambient temperature. Where is the mistake?

Regards,

Jos

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org