Europa-List: Ducatti Rectifier/Regulator

Subject: Europa-List: Ducatti Rectifier/Regulator
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 19:33:01

Dear All,
I hope I am not repeating a thread but I would appreciate input from the
forum on where builders have positioned their regulators. My reason for
asking is that I may have an intermittent fault in the electrical generation
system and having done some fault tracing with Conrad Beale and Skydrive it
is pointing to the rectifier and the possibility that it has become 'cooked'
and thus developed the intermittent workings.
My fitment is on the flat above the pilot's footwell, but the opinion
expressed so far is that there is not enough air circulation to keep it
cool, especially after landing. I still have the side gills to the top
cowling.
Thanks in anticipation.
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH Trigear XS.