RE: Europa-List: Door bulge because of seal

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Door bulge because of seal
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 09:06:59

My seals made the  door buldge so I didn't use them and was going to
install some automotive type "half D"  rubber seals.  I had gotten anxious
for the  first flight and had not bothered to install my substitute.  The
cockpit was just fine without any seals at all on my doors,  no drafts
have been discernable through the  door interfaces in 25 hours  of  flight.
However I made sure of a good fitup of the  doors during the  build.  The
shoot bolts pull the doors in smartly when actuated.  There  are many
configurations of automotive door and or window seals at body shop or
restoration supply houses. Semi -circle profile rubber  o ring is available
in 1/4, 3/8, or 1/2" dia so you can tailer the tightness or degree of
buldge you are willing to accept.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa AZ