RE: Europa-List: Door bulge because of seal

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Door bulge because of seal
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 12:00:34

Craig,

The seals are too thick for the doors, a problem with a number of builders.
 Even if you didn't have a bulge, it is unlikely that you would be able to
close the door from the inside.
Simple solution is to replace the bottom half appr. of the seal with one of
 a slghtly smaller diameter.
The source would be from a company that supplies upholstery bits to people
who do restoration of automobiles. If you find one, ask first for a sample.

Karl

tronics.com> Subject: RE: Europa-List: Door bulge because of seal> Date: Th
astin" <craigb@onthenet.com.au>> > without the seals the doors are sweet, n
ice and true, flush all round, its> only now the seal is on, that the door
bulges,> its almost like the seal is too hard and is deforming the door.> >
 craig> > -----Original Message-----> From: owner-europa-list-server@matron
ics.com> [mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com]On Behalf Of Fred K
lein> Sent: Thursday, 8 May 2008 1:01 PM> To: europa-list@matronics.com> Su
bject: Re: Europa-List: Door bulge because of seal> > > --> Europa-List mes
sage posted by: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>> > > On Wednesday, May
7, 2008, at 18:08 US/Pacific, craig bastin wrote:> >> > Can anyone tell me
if they had issues with the doors bulging because> > of the> > seals> > the
 doors bulge about 5mm in the middle because of the door seals.> > Craig,>
> Both my doors bulge about 3 mm at the center of the lower edge; this is>
w/o the seals or plexi.> I've yet to do a trial fit with the seals.> > Bud
Yerly advised use of a heat gun to reduce the bow and eliminate the> bulge,
 saying that proper fit before installing glass is essential,> otherwise ge
tting proper fit WITH the glass is quite difficult.> > Fred> > > --> This m
essage has been scanned for viruses and> dangerous content by MailScanner,
and is> believed to be clean.> > > > > > Checked by AVG.> 5:23 PM> > Checke