Europa-List: Fuel Sight Gague Tubing

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Sight Gague Tubing
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:16:24

During the repair of our Europa, I replaced the fuel system tubing and sight
gauge
tubing which was original.  It was getting hard and discolored.  I used Tygon
F4040 tubing which the data sheet says is gasoline tolerent.

After doing all that, I had reason to inspect a section of Tygon F4040 that
serves
as the siphon hose in the main fuel tank when the Europa Aux fuel tank is
fitted.  That Tygon was discolored and quite hard after being in place for a
couple
of years.  This is making me wonder about my use of it elsewhere in the
fuel system.

What tubing have others used with success for fuel tank venting and fuel sight
gauge?

Thanks

Jim & Heather
N241BW