Europa-List: Door bulge because of seal

Subject: Europa-List: Door bulge because of seal
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:08:35

Can anyone tell me if they had issues with the doors bulging because of the
seals
kingsley suggested i fit the seals before I set the retaining holes in the
door frame
(thankyou kingsley) which worked nicely, door is flush and even front back
and top, but,
the doors bulge about 5mm in the middle because of the door seals. At this
point the seal
is that tight, i feel you could almost run a pressurised cockpit (keep
dreaming craig)
, how did you all overcome this, Sand the lip the seal is on till it all
fits nicely,
stiffen the door with some carbon maybe, or both, I dont have the "glass" in
the door yet
but i doubt it will stiffen the door enough to hold the 5mm flex that is
present now.

craig

Checked by AVG.
5:23 PM