RE: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?
From: Mike Gregory <m.j.gregory@talk21.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:21:09
Hello Karel,

While it will not provide a complete answer to your question, I believe a
number of points made in the attached article on handling the monowheel
Europa may help to explain some of the reasons why the aircraft is different
and how its handling should be approached.

This article was prepared for Europa Flyer No 37, June-August 2003, but I'm
happy to provide it here as helpful safety material to everyone on the List,
not just those who are members of the Europa Club.

While the UK PFA coaching scheme is available only to members of the PFA,
the concept of qualified instructors providing coaching at reasonable cost
on homebuilt aircraft is universally applicable - the difficulty of
obtaining a suitable aircraft can usually be overcome by making an appeal on
the List.

Best regards

Mike Gregory

Europa Club Safety Officer