RE: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 01:17:34

  Hi Ron - it is common in all the taildraggers I've flown that application
 of the ailerons
on the ground will result in a yaw in the opposite direction.  This effect
is more
dramatic on some, less on others but is very typical.  Not unique to the mo
nowheel.
  I was taught that when entering a ground loop situation, always hold the
ailerons
fully in the direction of the yaw and this will prevent or minimize the pot
ential ground
loop.  I really don't think the mono is any better or worse than any other
TD in this
regard.

                                              Glenn> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007
uilder test flying his own creation?> From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us> > -
ndys comment Europa Flyer No 37:> > "With the wheel in contact with the gro
und any yaw resulting in a> direction change will cause a roll in the oppos
ite direction, therefore> the opposite aileron input will be needed compare
d to that in flight.> Better to concentrate on maintaining directional cont
rol."> > I don't quite understand what he is saying about roll.> > I unders
tand directional control is paramount.> > If left yaw begins, "Right now" c
orrection is needed with right rudder.> > Is he saying that although right
rudder will be needed to correct left> yaw, a bit of left aileron (opposite
 aileron compared to rudder input) is> needed to level wings?> > Ron Parigo
Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.-
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_wlmailtextlink