Re: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?
From: karelvranken <karelvranken@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 00:37:38
Mike,
Thank you for the reminder. And thanks again to John Brownlow. Special
attention must be given to the few words about keeping the rudder
neutral by touch down. This is not evident by serious cross winds. Also
keeping the speed as low as 55 kts over the figures is important. Than,
as I observed many times, the tailwheel is touching first. This means
that the direction and corrections come from both rudder and tailwheel.
An instant earlier you are correcting direction only by rudder and
airflow. I think the difficulty in the learning process is to apply the
correct dose at the correct moment.
My two cents...
Karel Vranken, # 447 F-PKRL, still scrupulous to keep it straight.